Tuesday, June 21, 2011

finally free.

Yesterday was a very exciting day for us. We finalized the sale of our house in Pittsburgh, PA! Well, when I say “we” I really mean Marc's mom signed the paperwork in Pittsburgh while we are in Phoenix. It’s still very exciting.



We bought the house in August of 2008 and let me tell you home ownership is so not easy! I know you’re thinking “well, duh!” It was a great little starter home though. Marc worked really hard to make is a great place to live. We were able to have some great little fires and cook outs in the backyard. Aurora was able to play in the park right across the street and we got to stretch our legs and grow a little bit.

I can’t say I’m sad to see it go. As I looked back at pictures of the house it feels like we were there so long ago that it’s just a memory. I didn’t really feel attached to it all that much. We’re getting closer as a family and more independent here in AZ and I’m really happy about that. I miss our family and friends for sure but is home is what you make it, not where you make it. Who knows where we will end up next! We’re drifters, it’s so true.

Here’s to the future!

5 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats on the house sale...and being a homeowner is DEFINITELY not eary (I have 2 houses now!). But finally closing that chapter in your life is awesome...now you can focus on the new chapter that you have already started in Arizona!
    Miss you!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats that is exciting. you know the mister and i think we do not want to own a house. we would rather rent as you said it isn't easy to own a house and we just wouldn't have the time to do keep up on it. it is nice to call the landlord whom we just love and tell her that there is a problem and then magically when we come it is fixed! plus we haven't found a spot yet that we love so we are still searching for a house to rent so i can have chickens!!!!

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!

    I would really love to own a house some day to be able to make it my own, but renting is so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, that's great! I'm sure that is a relief for you guys :) I'd like to get a house within the next couple of years, but honestly it seems so complicated! I will have to take a class or something first, hehe :)

    Your blog is so sweet- have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey there! first time being on your blog and i just wanted compliment you on how wonderful your blog is i truly enjoyed going through your blog.

    anyways, congrats on the house!

    mylifefullofwonders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete