Saturday, May 21, 2011

baby bump: 27 weeks



I went for my 27 week check up yesterday. They did a sonogram to check on her growth and she seems to be doing really well. It amazed me how much she looks like Aurora, well, from what I can tell. Her nose and face shape are almost the same. I’m guessing she’s going to have a lot of hair like Aurora did because I’ve been having some pretty nasty heart burn as well. I’m at 172lbs right now. I’m so glad. I thought with all the eating out we have been doing that I would be a giant by now. As long as I stay under 190lbs I’ll be really happy. I’m determined to get down to size after this pregnancy. I didn’t try very hard after I had Aurora and I kind of regret it. I’m not going to go crazy, I’d be happy being 150lbs. I’ve been smaller than that before but I just don’t look right when I weigh less then 140lbs. I feel like a bean pole. I was built to be bulky and I’m happy with that.

Speaking of kids, I was wondering why no one warned me about the terrible threes! I thought I had trouble when she was two, but wow. Aurora turning three has brought a whole new attitude. I struggle to get her to do anything. I never had to really put her in “time out” before and now it’s an everyday event. I’m at a loss for potty training too. Yes, my daughter is three and refusing to use the potty. She knows how. I know she knows because she does it… sometimes… Ugh… I love that little girl but she is really wearing on me. If any other parents have tips on potty training PLEASE let me know. I’ve tried rewards, stickers, charts, and even letting her run around without pull-ups or a diaper. Yeah, I refuse to give up but at this point I’m running out of ideas.

I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend! I’m getting geared up for some things I’m really excited about. I hope I can pull it all together.

5 comments:

  1. Hehe I am not even preggers and my weight is really close to where your at now:( My goal is to get to 150. I am 5'10" So usually I look weird anywhere below that.. But when I am pregnant I just don't want to tip 200! You know? haaha. I hope your doing great:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous! Love your bump! So cute!
    Happy weekend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so fun to see you growing!! :) Keep snapping!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay your baby bump is so beautiful! glad to hear your little nugget and you are healthy! the terrible 3's will pass and just take it one day at a time..that is all you can do. your a great mom and all she needs is love which i know you give her and she will get past this little stage! sending you wonderful vibes!!

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  5. EEEE! I hope everything goes well for you :)

    x

    ReplyDelete