Saturday, April 30, 2011

So, you opened an Etsy shop...?

I’ve been thinking about what steps to take next with my Etsy shop. Opening an online shop and getting those first few sales can be very exciting. So… now what? What’s up next for my little endeavor? I think May is going to be a very good month, at least I hope.

My journey:

1) Attended two events in front of the Butter Toast Boutique that were a big success.
2) Worked on photos and descriptions for my Etsy shop.
3) Created and shipped out my first official custom order.
4) Finally opened up shop! Yay!
5) Had my first two sales and successfully shipped them out.
6) Got great advice from fellow sellers that I couldn’t be more thankful for.
7) Listed new items and started creating new work.
8) Relisted.
9) ???


For the very first time I have decided to sponsor another blog. My shop ‘with a chance of’ will be sponsoring the curious pug. I’m really very excited about the whole thing. I know that it will totally be worth it and I can’t wait to see what the outcome will be.



I’ve been slowly but surely adding new items to my shop. You’ve probably seen my necklaces, hair clip, and combs soon I hope that I’ll have a whole new line of products to add.



I also have another little surprise for May, but you’ll just have to wait and see what it is.

I also feel like my blog is seriously lacking direction. I want to rework it a lot and get it more focused. I've been postin A LOT but I feel like my posts are lacking something. I want to put more effort into my posts like I used to do. I feel sometimes I just crank and bunch of posts out just to post. I'm really going to work on the quility of my posts, not just quantity. I'm thinking about even breaking my blog into two on that is personal and one for my Etsy shop. Who knows though! I have a lot to think about!

Do you have any new plans for your blog or shop? Any suggestions for me? You know I’m always up for good ideas!

3 comments:

  1. what a great journey so far!! i think you are on the right track too and it takes time for things to get started but so far so good! keep it up sweetie!

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just checked out your shop! It looks very professional and I love the products. Especially that pink and purple pinback brooch. The photos are amazing quality. I'm excited to hear about your May surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, lady! Great progress so far :]

    My advice to you and myself is to be patient. No matter how many times I tell myself that, it doesn't work. ;]

    ReplyDelete