Wednesday, April 27, 2011

blue period.

I've been painting on and off for a little while now. I decided to break out the art supplies a few days ago and give it another go. I sware I have creative ADD, I can't keep with one type of project for very long. A little while ago I was taking a Modern Art History class. I have to say it has probably been my most favorite class yet. I really enjoyed learning the history and my Professor was great. Each week we had to reproduce an idea we were studying. I couldn't have more happy to start painting again. It didn't have to be perfect, it just had to show we understood what we were learning about. I wish I wouldn't have stopped painting after the class was over. I'm glad I picked up a paint brush again though.

flowers.


After I finished my piece I noticed a pattern in my work. I guess I've been going through a blue period. It's kind of funny to think about but its true. Here are some of my older pieces:

daisies.

i think i love you.


You can see more of my works at on my flickr account if you'd like. I'm hoping to get more up soon.

Kind of funny how it works out. Do you ever notice a pattern in your work?

1 comment:

  1. Hey, it's Michelle {from one of our photography classes!}. I'm taking that class now, and it's so much fun recreating artwork! I like your takes! :)

    ReplyDelete