Monday, October 4, 2010

Adventures in Craftiness

Hello all!

I’m excited about this post! This is my first attempt and a mini tutorial. I worked really hard recently on a yarn wreath that I love and I took pictures of the process I went through. I wanted some kind of decoration for Halloween and I didn’t want to go out and buy a whole bunch of stuff so I dug through my craft boxes and came up with something very fun and crafty!

What I used:
1 foam floral wreath (I found mine at the dollar store)
Warn (any color, mine was a mix of white and black)
Glue (I used E600 industrial glue but hot glue could work too)
Straight Pins (the kind used for sewing)

Extras:
Ribbon, Buttons, Faux Flowers, Jewels, trinkets, whatever you have laying around.


Step one:
I diligently wrapped warn around the foam wreath making sure it was very tight and stayed secure. I used both the white and the black at the same time to give it a meshed look. You can use only on color or different colors for your desired look.

Step Two:

I began by wrapping a sheer ribbon around my wreath for added detail. I also started placing flowers and moving them around to see where I would want to place them. I used straight pins because of the round form of the wreath they tend to fall off and I wanted to see the overall look.



Step Three:


After rearranging several times I decided to add some buttons to the mix. I also took apart the flowers and places jeweled buttons in the middle to give it some sparkle. After I got the exact look I was going for I used my E600 industrial glue and picked up each piece and adhered it to the yarn wreath. I then added a loop at the top for hanging that is secured by glue and a straight pin.


FINSIHED!

After everything was completed I let my pieces dry and then hung it outside! VA LA! Beatuiful no?




Not interested in making your own yarn wreath? Just ask me and I’ll come up with a custom wreath just for you! Also, here are some great places to buy your very own for the holidays!


knock.knocking.blog


Agnes is AMAZING! When I saw her featured artist aritcale on etsy I could not believe how good her work is! She would be my #1 choice for décor for sure! Visit her etsy shop: KnockKnocking


Okay, I love Jody’s work, she has a great blog and a great etsy shop! If you get lucky she can have some great yarn wreaths like the one in the photo above for sale in her store now! Visit her shop: thelittleprints


Some other great wreath shops:


Itz Fitz

AnnaHailey

Goodie True Shoes



No comments:

Post a Comment