Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Big One

Warning: this is just the view of one person; me, get over it.

So I’ve been ho-humming about my next blog post, well this blog post, I haven’t wanted to write about anything too serious for fear of offending someone, or getting to personal. After much thought I came to this conclusion: Screw it. If I want to write about something I’m going too. So, here goes:

Today I’m going to get a little bit biblical on you. I have a very strong faith; yes I said faith, not religion. I believe there is a God who created everything we know and everything we don’t know. I have faith that God loves us enough to send his only Son to die on a cross so that our sins could be forgiven. I also have faith that God has an ultimate plan for all of us. Now the plan is where things get a little hazy for me. As I have stated I have an ultimate faith in God, not in people. Prophecy is the real subject I’d like to touch on today.

Prophecy: is the message that has been communicated to a prophet[1] which the prophet then communicates to others. Such messages typically involve divine inspiration, interpretation, or revelation of events to come (cf. divine knowledge). (definition brought to you by wiki.org)

So here is the ultimite question you have to ask yourself before following anything any Prophet ever says to you: Are they really hearing from God or a man/woman? I believe that some prohecy is true but you have to be careful who you listen too. I’ve know people who have up rooted their whole lifes on something some guy that they’ve never acctually talked to before said to them and then poof, their lives are down the toilet. Now I’m not saying don’t fallow God’s call on your life. I mean it, please, if you feel that you are called to drop everything and help the disator in the Gulf. I beg of you to do so. If something is tugging on your heart strongs so hard you can’t ignore it, do it! I’m just say that some people can be clouded but a big named figure standing before them and they don’t check with ‘the high power’ themselves before moving on with ‘the plan.’

Why is this such a touchy subject for me? Well to summaries I was ‘influanced’ or ‘told’ my whole life that I was going to be something and in the end it didn’t happen for me. Was it because I didn’t try hard enough? Or, was it because it was never meant to be. Then I stuggled for servel years after grasping at something that I could call my own until I realized that I can be “called” to be myself and live the life I think is right and that’s okay in God’s eyes, heck I think it’s more then okay! I think that there was a little party in heaven when I finally came to this conculsion. God and the angels did a little polka dance just for me.

What I’m trying to get to here is you can’t fight agaisnt who you are no matter how you try because in the end, God made you that way for a reason, and you should listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment