Sunday, June 13, 2010

a look at beauty

I’ll be honest when I first started writing this blog post it was something very different from what it is now. It was supposed to be a humorus list of fashion do’s and don’ts but I dug a little deeper and some up with something much better.

Just be yourself.

One of my items on my list of fashion do’s and don’ts was about plastic surgery. I am for and agaisnt this drastic measure to change who you are. Personally, I feel like God made each of us just the way we are for a reason and we should stick pretty close to that in the long run but for some reason many people have be come addicted to this body altering procejure. I have see serval women go through this transformation and let me tell you they looked better before in my eyes. It makes me so sad that these gorgeous women think they need to alter the gifts God gave them so they can fit some kind of “mold.” On the other hand I do understand that there are situations that need this proccess to improve a persons way of life. It there was some sort of accident or health benift to the surgery by all means break out the scalpol but be careful to not become addicted. Look at the TV show Nip Tuck, it’s all about this reality. People live there lifes trying to become this perfect being and what do they get out of it? A ton of medical bills and a bunch of gross looking scars, or worse on that show; dead.


I will admit there is one woman that I know of who I admire very much for stucking to who she is and getting all kinds of alterations done, Dolly Parton. I know it seems strange but I love her, you know why? She knows who she is and there is no one in the world going to change her. She’s not doing the surgery or singing her songs for anyone but herself. If you havn’t listened to her new songs like “Backwoods Barbie” please do! I would love for my little girl to look up to a great woman like Dolly Parton. She makes me want to snap my fingers and say “You go girl!”








"I'm just a backwoods Barbie, too much makeup, too much hair.

Don't be fooled by thinkin' that the goods are not all there.

Yes, I can see where I could be misjudged upon first glance;

But even backwoods Barbie's deserve a second chance.

I'm just a backwoods Barbie just asking for a chance, just a backwoods Barbie."

'Backwoods Barbie" - Dolly Parton

1 comment:

  1. We all hope our children grow up to be who they are and not what everyone else wants them to be. Let me say though - that I am glad I have boys!!! The closest they have come to "altering" themselves is talking about tattoos. So far it's just talk :)

    ReplyDelete